Still time to make that perfect gift

As I've said before, I don't really celebrate Christmas since marrying Abdulhamid, who is Muslim.  But I have plenty of friends who are racing to find last minute gifts, sometimes overlooking a few obvious ideas.  So many people this time of year say they really don't need anything and would prefer that there not be so much pressure on them to come up with something...especially because I've been reading on Facebook that many of my male gendered friends are only beginning to think about going shopping.  There were males in my own family who would shop on Christmas eve, and sometimes that works out just fine.

I'm here to tell you that if you have a bit of time, you can still make something incredibly memorable.  How about making a photo slide show on youtube set to music?  I actually used my Mac computer that has iMovie and found a song on itunes that I thought my husband would like.  I used the help menu to get started, and fumbled through this in about an hour.

Here's what I whipped up today with some photos on my computer.  Feel free to tune out after the first few minutes as I understand it's not much fun to look through such a lengthy slideshow when they aren't your own photos or story.

My youtube video

The other idea is something that you need a little quiet time and space to do.  Write a letter to the person(s) in your life that mean so much to you.  I've done this many times and was surprised to find these letters were kept for years afterwards.

Whatever you choose to do, anything from the heart is usually welcome!

Comments

Popular Posts