Girls Night OUT!

I've been out a few times with ladies when it's an organization sponsoring or for my daughter's bachelorette party, but I'm ashamed to say that the last time some female friends and I went out for an evening, I was pregnant...with my son who is now 25.  Remember I was in a male dominant US Air Force for a bunch of years so that counts as a reason not to find girls who want a night out, doesn't it?  And it's not that I don't get invitations, but I'm kind of a homebody.  Once it's dark, I am usually in for the night and will use every excuse (husband, kids, homework, housework, etc) to stay at home.  I realize this isn't a good thing, so on my list of 50 things to do this summer, I included a girls night out.  I'm so lucky to have friends who are 'experts' at this kind of thing, so I had to do no planning and it kind of worked out better than ever.
My husband left yesterday morning.  Poor guy.  On the airplane again.  This time he's off to a funeral for an uncle in Sweden and then to visit another sick cousin in Italy.  He'll likely be gone for more than a week.  My older son Jake happened to not have a hot date last night so he and Omar watched the Lorax together as I stepped out.  Note to self: I have to watch Omar with the TV.  He found the Lorax on pay per view by himself and ordered it!  Any other time, I would have been upset but it seemed to happen for a reason so I had no excuses not to go.
Aaaahhhh... 2 hours with nice smelling women and adult conversation.  Loved every second of it.  I might have to do this again in the next 25 years!

Comments

Popular Posts