Sunday, July 15, 2012

Renaissance Faire

Last weekend I met my sister-in-law for an event I've wanted to attend ever since I moved to Wisconsin, the Bristol Renaissance Faire near Kenosha, WI.  What a hoot!  I had been to something similar many years ago when we lived in England while I was in the Air Force.  Lots of costumes, medieval jousting, turkey legs...so much to enjoy.  http://www.renfair.com/bristol/  We bought tickets in advance and saved a couple of bucks.

Here are some photos from our wonderful day.  Omar most enjoyed the rides and games.  Everything is people powered, as would be in the days of the renaissance.  There is a queen who oversees the festivities.  There are some parades and shows.  We saw the falconer, some juggling on a rooftop, plenty of faeries, etc.  Would highly recommend if you're in the area.












No comments:

Post a Comment