The LIST! 50 Extraordinary things to do in 5 months to celebrate turning 50


For anyone reading this, these may not seem too extraordinary to you, but I have chosen them because at this point in life they seem to agree with my focus for the rest of my life.  I want better health, better relationships, and more fun in my life.  I think if we don't intentionally strive for that, it just doesn't happen.  So here are my ideas in no particular order.   I encourage you to choose some of these or create your own list to help me celebrate life.  Most of these don't require a great deal of money or time.  But then again, some do.    And if you see something that you would like to do with me, let me know!  I will enjoy having the wonderful company of family and friends!  

  1. Write a love letter
  2. Make peace.  Make amends.  Renew relationships.
  3. Host a garden party, British style
  4. Take a cooking class
  5. Visit the national trails/seashore in WI.  We don't have any national parks.
  6. Grow my own vegetables
  7. Bring cupcakes to the Veterans home
  8. Go to a baseball game and enjoy a hotdog
  9. Disneyworld with the kiddos
  10. Ride a segway
  11. Make a wedding cake
  12. Check out the newest Legoland, which is in FL
  13. Write a cookbook
  14. Sailing Lesson
  15. Fishing trip
  16. Volunteer at Soup kitchen
  17. Kayak or canoe
  18. Redecorate a bedroom- sadly we have 2 that are still with barren walls after living here 7 years
  19. Write a thank you note to my mom and take her on a date
  20. Ice skate in summer
  21. Pajama party with my sister
  22. Learn to use my camera NOT on automatic modes and to prove this, I will photograph fireworks
  23. Ride a Harley Davidson motorcycle
  24. Have a family photo session with ALL of our kids and grandson
  25. Enter a contest
  26. Visit all my living aunts and uncles
  27. Visit my dad's grave
  28. Take a bike trip
  29. Visit Amish country
  30. Picnic at the beach
  31. Host a fancy dinner party
  32. Investigate some museums in our area that I've never been to
  33. Clean up a public garden
  34. Take the Chicago river boat cruise
  35. Do a city walking tour
  36. Visit a Botanic garden
  37. Try a new restaurant and dish that sounds like something I'd never normally eat
  38. Read a book just for fun...no self help books allowed
  39. Make a piece of jewelery that will remind me of this year
  40. Visit old friends from school and the Air Force
  41. Write to a local paper about my adventure
  42. Spa day
  43. Follow up on physical and do all the stuff you're supposed to do at age 50...ugh
  44. Schedule a monthly date night
  45. Have a girls day/night out
  46. Do a fun run
  47. Take each of my kids on a date of their choice
  48. Roller blade along the lake or maybe even go to the roller derby
  49. Learn to meditate
  50. Go back to my childhood neighborhood

Comments

Popular Posts